How do I provide contact information for coaches to contact me?
In the family login, (Select the Family radio button when logging into SportsPilot. (Click Here to login in to SportsPilot) Once logged in you will see your family information. You should update each child’s contact info to update where their coach should contact you. The information is displayed as email address next to each child’s name. To change, click on your child’s name and change the Email Address field. In the email field, you can enter multiple email addresses separated by a semi-colon.
How do I provide contact information for my spouse and myself?
In the email field, you can enter multiple email addresses separated by a semi-colon. In the additional information button, there is specific detailed information per parent or guardian available for you to enter.
How do I recover a forgotten SportsPilot username or password?
- Go to SportsPilot and click on “I don’t know my User Name and/or Password” on the sign-in page.
We live in another town, but my child attends school in Holden. Can I register my child for Holden Youth Soccer?
- Yes. When you register, a waiver request will be sent to your town’s soccer organization for approval.
Can I also play on a “premier” or “club” team in addition to Holden Youth Soccer?
- If you are 14 years or older, you may not be listed on both a HYS Team and premier or club team roster.
Equipment and Costs
Which size and what type of soccer ball should I purchase for my child?
- Size 3 for Grade 2 and under
- Size 4 for Grade 3-6
- Size 5 for Grade 7 and up
Does my child need cleats?
- While cleats are not mandatory, they provide players with the grip that will help them to run and play at the best of their ability. They also provide additional safety by helping to prevent slipping. Regular running shoes can be bulky and will prevent players from “feeling” the ball. For more on choosing the right footwear, see this guide about soccer cleats.
Where can I get information about buying soccer shin guards?
- Refer to this article on how to buy soccer shin guards.
What is the spring uniform requirement?
- Players are required to have soccer cleats, shin guards and a HYS spring travel uniform. These items are available for purchase online at the HYS Store. Your child will be assigned a number, and you will receive an email with instructions for ordering.
Is financial aid available?
- Holden Youth Soccer does offer full and partial financial aid to assist families with registration expenses. Anyone interested should contact the registrar.
Are there additional costs to participate in indoor soccer leagues?
- Indoor leagues are not run through Holden Youth Soccer. If you play in an indoor league, you will have to pay for that separately.
How do I contact my team?
- Log onto SportsPilot with your username and password by clicking on the “Sign In” button under Member’s Entrance. You will then find tools to manage roster information and email your team.
Where can I find information to run successful practices?
- We will send out weekly practice plans. You can also find recommended activities, coaching points, and coaching methods on the HYS Coaches Blog.
Do I need to bring my team roster cards to every spring game?
- Coaches are required to bring two copies of the MAYSL Approved Roster and the team’s passcards to all games.
Where can I find MAYS spring standings?
- For MAYS spring standings click here. Note, only age groups, divisions, and teams that have played at least one game are listed.
Schedule and Location
When does the spring season begin and end?
- The spring season begins in April and continues through June. Games will be scheduled outdoors beginning in early April. However, preseason training may begin in January at the coach’s discretion. Coaches will be offered an indoor practice space one hour per week January thru March.