Becoming a Holden Youth Soccer Referee
Becoming a certified Holden Youth Soccer referee allow you to be a U10 referee or a U12 assistant referee for in-town games during our fall season. This pays $25 a game. To become a Holden certified referee, you must meet the following qualifications:
- You must be in the 7th grade or higher.
- You must take the preseason certification from Holden.
The Holden certification is an introduction to refereeing and an opportunity for new referees to learn and gain experience managing games.
Becoming a US Soccer Certified Referee
Becoming a certified US Soccer referee allows you to be a center referee for U12 games during HYS’ fall in-town league. (This pays $40 a game.) It also allows you to work with other leagues like MAYSL, NSL, NEP and others from Mass Youth Soccer.
To become a US Soccer certified referee, you must meet the following qualifications:
- You must be 14 years of age.
- You must take the Entry Level Referee course. Go to http://www.massref.net and search courses for 2018 Entry Level Referee (Grade 8).
- You must keep your certification current.
For opportunities in other leagues you must contact their referee assignors who are identified on their websites.
For more information, email Rene Rodriguez, HYS referee coordinator.