Registration for Spring Turbo Training is open. Turbo Training provides an opportunity for players who LOVE to practice to get additional training right in Holden at a low cost.
Turbo Training will start on April 13 and end on June 1 (with no sessions over the school vacation week). Sessions will be held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Players can attend whichever night they want (or nights if they signed up for two nights per week). They can switch nights from week to week and makeup any missed sessions. Basically, if you sign up for one night, you get six sessions, and you can come to whichever six you choose. If you sign up for two nights, you can come to any 12 sessions. The younger group (Grades 1-3) will go from 6:00 to 6:45. The older group (Grades 4-8) will go from 6:50 to 7:35. Sessions will be held in Holden.
About Turbo Training
The premise of Turbo Training is to get players high repetitions of technical skills in short, enjoyable sessions to build muscle memory and improve “touch.” We will work on dribbling and ball mastery, juggling and playing the ball out of the air, passing and receiving on the ground, and shooting and finishing. In just one short session, players will get at least 15 games’ worth of touches on the ball. We will look to make the sessions enjoyable, so that players want to be there. We never want kids to lose enthusiasm for soccer, as that is the most important key to their enjoyment and success.
- Jon Gangi: Director of Soccer Development for Holden Youth Soccer. Girls Recreational Coach of the Year for Massachusetts Youth Soccer and US Youth Soccer East Region in 2019. Coaches HYS GU19 and WPI Men’s Club Soccer. Holds a Director of Coaching Diploma and Advanced National Diploma from United Soccer Coaches among other licenses.
- Ryan Murphy: Former captain and defensive player of the year for Assumption College. Has coached for Assumption College, HYS, and club soccer. Runs Holden Elite Academy Training (HEAT) Camp. Holds an F license through Mass Youth Soccer.
- Emma Mailman: Captain of the Assumption Women’s soccer team. 2016 High School Conference MVP and All State. Experience coaching for HYS and club soccer.
- Jon-Paul St. Germain: President of Holden Youth Soccer. Former college player. Has several coaching licenses including the 11v11 Coaching Diploma through US Soccer. Has coached with HYS for many years.
- Jake Pesarcik: Head coach of Anna Maria College Men’s Soccer. Team MVP at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania. Holds an Advanced National Diploma from United Soccer Coaches among other licenses.
For more information, see the Turbo Training page. You can register via SportsPilot.